Friday, August 16, 2013

Prayer Flags in My Garden!

I discovered the Prayer Flag Project online http://theprayerflagproject.blogspot.com/ a few weeks ago just as newscasts were reporting that Los Angeles is now the rated as the "Rudest City in the U.S."  While I can agree with that for the most part, I'd have to say that the whole country has changed for the worse too.  Remember right after 9/11 when everyone was so courteous to one another and looking out for the emotional needs of their neighbor?  That only lasted so long, didn't it?  I think it wore off quicker in L.A. being so far from Ground Zero and not having the physical reminders in sight.
 
Anyhow, I've been looking for "something" for most of my adult life.  Always studying this religious discipline or that philosophy.  Although what I am doing now is my best fit, I will probably always study.
 
Back to the prayer flags......
I've recently re-done my garden --- actually created a garden where there was none before --- that goes with the house that was painted last summer.  So, to do a little quiet "preaching" of my own to my neighborhood community, I created these flags with words of affirmation to be carried into the winds and perhaps touch people and help them to remember to be considerate of others.




 
 
I plan on making more flags in the near future.  I have two poles that will be placed to the left of where these are hanging .  Look here soon to see more!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment